- Check out Fair Trade Sports website which carries a line of sports balls for soccer, football, basketball, etc. that are certified green and fair trade.
- Beyond the "new" products, there's also companies like PlayItAgainSports which has over 350 locations in the US and Canada, where you can buy and sell used sports equipment (for parents, that can be a pretty budget-friendly way to get a few items from your Christmas list), or
- LostGolfBalls.com where you can purchase quality used golf balls by the bucket.
- Even big box stores like Target and Walmart carry eco-friendly gift ideas for the sports enthusiasts. Organic t-shirts, eco-friendly water bottles... just to name a few.
- Looking for an eco-friendly skateboard? Check out BambooSk8.com
For more reading, check out a great article on the eco-impact of professional sports around the world: "Blowing the Green Whistle on Sports" at Grist.org